Tuesday 22 September 2020

{Our Love Songs}

 Today is the second day in my countdown to our {7th} anniversary. Today I thought I would share the special songs that hold a place in our hearts. See day 1 in our countdown HERE


1. It's Your Love - Faith Hill/Tim McGraw 

Our 1st dance as husband and wife was to this beautiful song. Maybe it's cliche (ok...and a LOT of 90's corny!) but this song is the epitome of romantic to me. Neither Pier or I can imagine choosing any other song for our 1st married dance. 


2. The Power of Love - Celine Dion

Celine pretty much sums up our relationship in this romantic ballad. I will forever be his lady, and he my man. 


3. Beautiful Soul - Jesse McCartney

This is the 1st song that Pier ever sent me (waaaaay back in 2010 through text). And although some days that feels like a lifetime ago, this song still brings a smile to my face + butterflies to my stomach.  


4. Something Just Like This - The Chainsmokers & Coldplay

This is just one of those songs that when it comes on, we think of each other and our marriage. I would would choose us and this simple, beautiful life we have built every single day!

 

5. Halo - Beyonce

The year that Pier and I started dating, I was still dancing competitively. This song was my lyrical solo for that year, a beautiful bouquet and a heartfelt card later....the rest is history!


6. Perfect - Ed Sheeran

As soon as Pier and I heard this song play, it felt like it was written for us <3 

FUN FACT: we love both versions of this song equally - the original and the duet with Beyonce. 


7. Marry Me - Jason Derulo

This was a dating song. The very first verse is everything Pier promised me <3 Here's to 95 more years!


8. The One I Love - Tyrone Wells

This one is a love song + a FAMILY song. To read a little bit more about the meaning behind this song visit HERE or watch our little YouTube video HERE


Piers pick: A Guy With a Girl - Blake Shelton

Jamies pick: Holding Out For a Hero - Ella Mae Bowen 

When these songs come on, we both think of the other person!


I would love to hear what YOUR song is with your significant other! Drop a comment below or join us on Facebook or Instagram to join the conversation!








No comments:

Post a Comment