Sunday 2 June 2019

DIY Teacher Gift: Thank You for Helping Me Grow Flower Pot



It’s hard to believe that it's alllllllmost the end of the school-year (eep!.....did that go by super fast for anyone else?!). With less than a month until school is out for summer, I am posting a tutorial for one of my most fave teacher gifts!
We originally gifted these beautiful flowers/pots back when my son was in preschool

When I first came across this gift idea via Pinterest, I loved the idea of gifting a small potted flower or plant. Not every gift has to be expensive or hard-to-do and I especially loved the meaning behind the saying “Thank you for helping me grow”
During his preschool year, we saw such an enormous growth and maturity in our boy and I really wanted a sweet + meaningful way to show my child's teachers and helpers just how grateful we were for the hard work that they do every single day!

Plus, one of my favourite parts about DIY gifts is that your child is able to add their own personal touch! For this particular gift, my son loved being able to choose a different colored flower for each teacher/helper. AND he adored being able to get messy and help paint!

Materials:

Terra Cotta Pot(s)
Painters Tape
Black paint
Yellow paint
Black Sharpie
White Chalk sharpie markers
Dirt
Flowers

Tutorial:

You can use any size of pot you like I used a medium-sized terra cotta pot for each of my sons teachers and then smaller pots for the class assistants & office administration

Paint the base of your flower pot black
Allow time to dry


Paint the rim of the pot yellow
Allow to dry


Using a black sharpie, mark your measurement lines, and numbers along the yellow rim, creating the “ruler”
At first, I used a pencil to stencil my primary lines and then once even around the whole rim, I used a sharpie to mark each measurement line

Next, I used the White Chalk sharpie markers to write “Thanks for helping me grow!” (alternatively you could use white paint)


Add a little bit of dirt and plant a flower or plant of your choice!




I added a little skewer with each person's name attached to a little piece of decorative paper

As a nice little touch, I also added Colden’s name and the school year to the bottom of the Terra Cotta pots. Depending on the size of pot used, you could alternatively put this information on the back of the pot.  


Our teachers and helpers LOVED the flowers and flower pots! We have had several compliments on this DIY over the years and it remains one of my most favorite teacher gift ideas!

Isn't this just the cutest DIY?! For more crafts and project be sure to follow us on Pinterest! We would LOVE to have you join us!

 

2 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thanks for sharing. #30daywritingchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. Purchasing a house is apparently the last advance into adulthood. This is a major monetary responsibility that ought not be trifled with, and some first - time home purchasers may struggle with this choice to locate the correct home that is additionally moderate. Was kostet eine Entrümpelung

    ReplyDelete