Tuesday 15 September 2015

Possession Day!

July 10th. The date we took possession of our new house.
We woke up about 7:15ish; I had to work that morning at 9:45 so I was busy with my usual routine and I let P worry about getting Colden ready.
We headed out the door around 8:30 to meet with our realtor; the wonderful, Glenda Rott. We completed a final walk-through just to ensure everything was up to par. Everything was perfect and the only thing left to do was wait until 12:00 pm when we could officially take possession. Glenda encouraged us to pick up the keys together, when I had my lunch break. We ended up with a little time to spare so we stopped to look at some washing machines and dryers. We checked out, Home Hardware, Sears and The Brick all very quickly. It ended up working out perfectly because as we pulled up to The Brick it was pretty much time for me to go to work, which just happens to be on the same street.

Shortly after I started my work  day I received a call from the lawyers office asking P and I to run over there ASAP as they still needed O N E more form signed before we could take possession. At noon.
EEK!! Talk about s t r e s s f u l! Thankfully I was able to quickly run down and give one last autograph! Work that day was a blur, I really don't remember much except that I was soo thrilled and happy!

My lunch break came and went, (so quickly).The first thing we noticed when we drove up was this beautiful chalk drawing



And presents! Completely house & heart warming!


Flowers.....a beautiful blanket throw.....personalized business cards with our new address.....gorgeous cards of thanks..... so so sweet

 
But the part that made my heart just melt, were the gifts for Colden. From the previous owners he received a inscribed Berenstain Bears' Moving Day book (so fitting! and truly a book that will hold a lot of wonderful memories for us) and from our wonderful realtor: a paperbag lunch complete with juice-box because as she said she knows what moving is like and although mom and dad would never intentionally forget, somethimes when you're moving lunch gets pushed back. It felt as though she had looked into our morning and week and just knew the craziness surrounding a move. I thought my heart was going to become a gooey, love-filled, melting M E S S! Words cannot even describe how blessed and loved Pier and I felt. Thank you!


P.S. thank you cards are on the way! xoxo

and of course, we can't just let a photo op go to waste!


 Also, a H U G E thank you, to all that helped us move in!
 
Pier and I were so lucky to have the most fantastic professionals helping us and ensuring everything went according to plan!
Mortgage Broker: Phil Larue
Realtor: Glenda Rott as well as, a very special thank you to the Alberta Home Program
Lawyer: Stephen Kambeitz
To entire "team" that made this move possible - THANK YOU!
As I look back, the 15th was a whirlwind but a very happy and exciting time. Definitely a life changer and a day we will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment