Monday 5 October 2015

Monday's Safeway Canada deal of the day and Other Money Saving thoughts

I love to save money. No. Really.
I love finding all the deals and seeing the "you saved x amount of $" at the bottom of my receipts.
It makes me feel like I'm winning at life. 
A huge part of couponing (in Canada, especially) is combining coupons + sales and ideally coupons+sales+cash-back apps!
Due to moving and general summer craziness I've kinda let couponing slide. Couponing is hard, ya'll. After a couple of conversations with Pier about our goals versus our current spending habits we`ve decided that as a family we need to reduce our spending where we can. One of the ways we`re going to help that is by starting to coupon again and by building a stockpile. I spent all morning requesting mailed coupons and finding bargains galore. As I was searching I thought why did I stop? I actually really enjoy this!
One of my most favourite deals is Safeway Canada's twitter Monday deal. Every Monday Safeway Canada releases a one-day special via there twitter feed. This weeks deal includes waffles, juice and frozen fruit for $7.99! If you would like to take advantage of this week`s deal, you just head down to your local Safeway, gather the items in the picture and show the picture to the cashier!
BOOM, instant savings and yumminess!
Don`t forget, the deal is only valid on Monday, October 5, 2015!

After I get my groceries home, I always check my receipt to see if there is a link to fill out a survey about my shopping experience. Usually in return you'll receive a ballot into a draw for a gift card or free groceries. I know a couple ladies that have won gift cards this way! I especially love restaurant receipt surveys as you're usually guaranteed a free appetizer or dessert PLUS entered to win a bigger prize!

Every week my local weekly newspaper offers a grocery give-away as a thank you for reading the paper and shopping local. You simply fill out your information and drlop your entries off at the correct store as you're doing your shopping!

What are your favourite ways to save money? Have you ever taken advantage of Safeway Canada's Monday twitter deal?







No comments:

Post a Comment