Thursday 27 June 2019

Easy 5 Minute DIY Teacher Gift


welp, that's it for grade 1. Just like that the school-year is over, it flew by
Did anyone else blink in September and BOOM June?!
I recently shared a year-end teacher gift that we did previously for Colden's preschool teachers and thought I would write-up this years gift as well. 

Colden adores the Zingy Zaps sweet tarts and I figured they would look pretty layered in a clear jar
Plus, I have a soft spot for sweet + corny/punny gifts, so we decided to wish his teachers "a sweet summer"! 


The best part?? It literally took 5 minutes to do! 

Honestly, the most time consuming part of this gift was separating the candy by colour. 

In addition to the candy jars, I also included a Tim Hortons card (in a thank you note), and a small bouquet of flowers. 



I packaged everything in little gift bags, and just like that -- teachers gifts completed for another year!



Materials:

Candy -- of your choosing (we went with Zingy Zaps as I could easily layer the hard candies by colour in the jar)
a clear jar with a lid (I used 500ml mason jars)
Thank You Tags
Yarn/String


Tutorial: 

Separate your candy by colour

Divide each colour of candy by the number of jars you are making 
(I made up 3 separate jars -- one for each teacher, so I split each candy colour into 3)


Add the candy into each jar. Layer the colours however you or your child like. 

Seal tightly with lid



Wrap yarn or string tightly over lid. Fasten ``Thank You`` tag. 



OPTIONAL: If you like, package the completed candy jar with a Coffee Gift Card, a Thank You Note and a small bouquet of flowers. Place all gift items in a small gift bag. Now have your child gift the present to their teacher(s)!




Be sure to pin this super-easy DIY for next year and follow us on Pinterest for more Grit and Grace tutorials by The Juneau Home. 



No comments:

Post a Comment