Friday 28 June 2019

five on friday

One. Colden completing Grade 1
This last week has been a big one for my big boy. He has completed his first full year of grade school (and did so with e x c e l l e n c e!) and is onto Grade 2! The majority of this week was spent wrapping everything up, bringing home alllll the books, charts and supplies, and having a little bit of fun. 
Monday was ‘campout day’ at school -- the kids could wear jammies, and bring along a sleeping bag/pillow/teddybear. They played games and then had a little ‘campout’ in the library while watching a movie. 
Tuesday -- was supposed to be water day but unfortunately the weather was pretty grey and uncooperative so instead they did classroom activities and cleaned out their lockers + desks
Wednesday -- FIELD TRIP day!! Definitely the best day + highlight of the week for Colden! They spent the morning touring a local museum, had lunch there and then went swimming in the afternoon. Pier was lucky enough to be able to go as a supervisor; he and Colden had so much fun together and I loved hearing all about their day! 
Thursday -- l a s t  d  a y of grade 1!! The morning was spent gathering the last of their items, then in the afternoon they had a school assembly & awards ceremony. It was truly a lovely event, you could feel the excitement of summer from everyone! Colden was awarded the “Bright Smile Award” which is awarded “for approaching each day with a positive and cheerful attitude”! It was so wonderful to see the pride and excitement of each of his classmates as they received their award and joined the line of awarded students! At the conclusion of the assembly, Colden handed out his presents for his teachers and said farewell to all his school friends until Grade 2!
and now summer!

two. 9 years together 
short + sweet
Pier and I are celebrating 9 beautiful years together (hello, July 1st) and while we don't have anything overtly romantic or special planned (hello….kids and nursing baby and long weekend!), we both are excited for this milestone and are looking forward to many, many more beautiful years together. 

three. Sunshine + Blue Skies
The last few weeks have been pretty grey + gloomy, overall. Today we had a little sliver of sunshine and blue skies! My flowers are looking so pretty in my yard and I hope that we get to enjoy Summer now that Colden is on summer break! To see pics of our yard this year click here

four. 30 day writing challenge
Eeeep…….you guyyyyyysss!! 3 more days = 2 more posts (after this one). I am feeling pretty proud with how the last 28 days have gone and am feeling completely accomplished and done -- I’m done with posting everyday. I’m not going to lie, it will be nice to take back my evenings and get caught up on some Netflix (or sleep) haha. BUT I am so happy + proud that I stuck with it, and would totally consider doing it again (maybe January or April??) but I would definitely draft up some preliminary posts for those days that are just crazy busy or in the event of illness, etc. And while I don’t plan on posting daily, I do look forward to posting more regularly and am very appreciative of all the creativity this challenge has sparked! 

five. financial goal setting & planning
Welp, 1st month pretty much done! I am excited to sit down and review the last few weeks with Pier and set up some new goals for July! I think both Pier and I can appreciate this months financial goals and I think we would both say we are feeling optimistic about accomplishing the goals have set and knocking them out of the park. Plus, as we have been more on the same page (budget-wise), we have felt more connected and have felt a huge sense of relief that we are working together and as a team!

No comments:

Post a Comment