Saturday 2 July 2016

Friday Favourites // Summer Favourites

Happy Canada Day!! To celebrate the holiday and all things SUMMER, I thought I would share some of our family's favourite summer products. These are either commodities that we can not leave the house without or go a day without using in the hot summer months!



As soon as I bought this last year it became our family's FAVOURITE must-bring summer outing essential. I love that it is so easy to clean up and fold-up! It also makes the perfect lazy afternoon nap spot.  
2// Burt's Bees After Sun Soother
Our little family is very sun-burn prone. We have delicate, fair skin that burns very easily. And when we are busy outside being busy (and enjoying summer!) we seem to slack in the "re-apply" department of sunscreen care. Thankfully there's a Burt's Bees remedy. This soothing gel-lotion is cooling and healing.
This summer shoe is so versatile; you can wear them at the beach, the spray park, and they're even perfect for the play ground (way better and safer than flip flops imo) Colden wears these shoes E V E R Y W H E R E! Seriously though. I think on every single outing we've been on these are the shoes he's wearing. And one of the nicest benefits: they are one of his only summer shoes that haven't given him blisters. Two BIG thumbs up! We bought ours at From Kicks to Kids (and they're on sale RIGHT NOW! Bonus!!)
4// Take a Hike bug spray
I really hoped that this would be the summer we would get away without being bothered by mosquitos. Sigh. Wishful thinking. They are just terrible year; absolutely awful. BUT this spray is amazing. It smells wonderful (no. seriously. just like the essential oils I have going in the diffuser!) but it also works amazing at keeping the little blood-suckers away. Find it at our local retailer here
5// Swimsuits L-R: Noppies, Tea, Gymboree
Colden lives in swimming trunks. All summer. Long. In fact my kid would probably sleep in them, if I would let him. The more swimming trunks I buy means I can do laundry less often. Win-Win! These are some of my 2016 faves. Aren't they adorable?


Add these in with essentials like never-ending water, a grilling bbq and endless amounts of watermelon and you pretty much have our summer! What are your summer must-haves?


No comments:

Post a Comment